Swire Oilfield Services were delighted to welcome international magicians “Fifth Dimension” to our Aberdeen base.
Throughout four, 45 minute sessions, staff were wowed by their safety messages delivered through the medium of magic. Key, thought provoking safety messages were delivered through close interaction and audience participation.
The key message we asked them to convey were:
- Safety Leadership and engagement.
- Team work.
- Positive safety interventions.
- Hazard reporting.
- Looking out for yourself and your colleague.
All of us should be leaders when it comes to safety
100% positive feedback was received and below is a snapshot of the comments and takeaways.
- Never be afraid to say “STOP”.
- The spike trick made me realise the importance of an intervention. It could save a life.
- I have seen “Fifth Dimension” before, but I go away having learnt critical safety messages.
- Never ever take shortcuts with procedures.
- Stay vigilant and use all of your senses to look out for unsafe acts and conditions.
- We are all part of a very large team, and must support each other every working day.
- Less PowerPoint presentation and more out of the box presentations please. That was a great set of messages.
- Effective communication is vitally important.
- All of us should be leaders when it comes to safety.
- Excellent!!! Thanks to Fifth Dimension I have learnt some vital messages!